Descriptive Reflection: Self-intro Letter

Subject: Self-introduction email

Dear Professor Blackstone,

My name is Catalan Jazlyn Mei Torres but feel free to call me Jazlyn. I am a student from your Critical Thinking and Communication class (S77) and I hope that through this email, you will be able to learn more about me.

Having graduated from polytechnic with a diploma in electronic engineering and majoring in mechanical design and manufacturing engineering in university, I often receive questions as to why I changed my course of study. The reason for this would be my internship in Omnicam Technologies. During my stint in the company, I was assigned the role of a programmer and I was in charge of displaying the data that was collected by the energy monitor in a visual format. While I was coding away, I noticed that one of my colleagues was creating a housing for the energy monitor using computer-aided design (CAD) software. Seeing this, I got interested in 3D modeling and I would even volunteer to help my colleague with his model. After graduating from polytechnic, I knew that I wanted to pursue a course that has 3D modeling. However, at the same time, I did not want my knowledge of electronics to go to waste. After reading up on the courses that the various universities offer, I knew that this would be the one. 

One unique trait and strength that I have would be that I can express myself through arts, mainly through dance and music. Instead of limiting myself to communicating with words, I use dance and music to interact with other people and to express my thoughts and emotions.

An area for improvement would be my confidence when presenting. During presentations, I often find myself stuttering and rushing through my words. This resulted in me not being able to get my point across to the audience.

With this module, I intend to be a confident speaker so that people would be able to feel a sense of reliability within me. I also aim to improve the way I deliver my presentations so that the audience would be able to understand me clearly. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I look forward to improving my communication skills with your guidance.

Yours Sincerely,

Catalan Jazlyn Mei Torres

Comments

  1. Overall, the introduction letter was well-written and provided extensive information regarding Jazlyn and her motivations. The organisation in the letter was well done and was pleasant reading through as there were no interruptions and errors to ruin the experience. The use of language was good as it gave the necessary information in a concise manner, ensuring the meaning could not be misread or misunderstood.
    Well done Jazlyn for this introduction letter, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yan Chen! Thank you for the encouragement and for taking time to provide feedback on my email! I'll take you comments into account to produce better work in the future! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jazlyn. This letter was a pleasant read; your explanation for taking this course was well-written. Thank you for writing this letter; I hope you achieve your goal of being confident when presenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yeow Min! Thank you for the encouragement and for taking time to provide feedback on my email! I'll take you comments into account to produce better work in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. The letter was well written and i get to know more about you from reading it. From the point you told about your polytechnic days it tells me more about yourself. Content flow was nice and language used was literally good. Hope i could see you presenting in the future with much more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syahiir! Thank you for the encouragement and for taking time to provide feedback on my email! I'll take you comments into account to produce better work in the future! :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Jazlyn,

    Thank you for this informative, well-organized and fluent letter. It's very interesting for us readers when you share about your previous job, the interest in 3D modeling and motivation for studying in MDME. I also appreciate you sharing views of your own comm skills. It's especially impressive that you see dance and music as means of expressions, and that you characterize developing effective comm skills so "that people would be able to feel a sense of reliability within me." In short, they'll learn how talented you are.

    It's also clear from this post that speaking in public / presenting are areas that we can work on to your advantage during the module. I hope you take all the opprtunities given to do exactly that. (I've already seen some of that.)

    I'm impressed by the person described in this letter. Please feel free in class to share your ideas more often and to adopt a more vocal role in our general discussions.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Professor Brad! Thank you for the encouragement and taking time to provide feedback on my email! I will take your feedback into account to produce better work in the future!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Reader Response Draft #4

Critical Reflection